This is part of the HTGAM Movember teams’ fundraising campaign where those who accept the challenge can pour a bucket of bloom water on their head and/or lather their entire head, and/or donate $10 to either HTGAM Movember team: MovemberTeamHTGAM.com (US) and HTGAM-Eh-Team.com (Canada).
The kickoff videos from the American and the Canadian HTGAM Movember team captains are listed below the rules. We’ll post all the videos here too.
Here are the rules:
- Once nominated, you have 3 days to respond/post a YouTube video of your HTGAM Movember Challenge.
- Create a video to post on YouTube after being challenged or on your own.
- In the video you declare the following:
- Your name
- Who challenged you, if applicable
- You’re participating in the 2015 HTGAM Movember Challenge to support Movember, a global month-long campaign to raise awareness and funds for:
- prostate cancer
- testicular cancer research
- men’s mental health
- to encourage physical activity.
- Which part(s) of the Challenge you’re doing: Bloom Bucket, Head Lather, $10 donation
- Perform the challenge(s):
- Bloom Bucket: pour 2 Tbsp of water on puck of soap, wait 10 minutes, pour bloom water in half filled bucket of water, stir vigorously, pour bucket of bloom water onto yourself.
- Head Lather: lather your face and head with shaving soap. Creating a lather sculpture is optional – à la Alfalfa from the Little Rascals, Ed Grimley from SNL, mohawk, you get the idea! Then rinse it off manually or with Bloom Bucket.
- $10 Donation: announce that since you have no time, you’ll donate $10 to a HTGAM Movember team
- Mention that your video will be posted on your shaving social media platforms, and on the site dedicated to the Challenge: HTGAMMovemberChallenge.com.
- Ask for donations to either MovemberTeamHTGAM.com (US) or HTGAM-Eh-Team.com (Canada)
- Announce the 3 people you are challenging
- Tag the nominees in your posts to social media platforms. You can contact them directly to notify them too.
- Attach these hashtags to your YouTube video:
- Once your video is uploaded to YouTube, post it on your shaving social media groups in Facebook and Google+, and email the link to Christian@HowToGrowAMoustache.com. Feel free to share it on your personal social media profiles too (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc.).
- Have fun, and use your imagination to spice up the Challenge video.
- For your video shoot, make sure the lighting is bright enough and that we can hear you clearly
- For the Head Lather challenge, make sure your face and hair are wet (remove products from your hair for better lather).
- For the Bloom Bucket challenge, tilt your head upwards a bit for a more spectacular pour.
- Check out Christian Lévesque’s and Daniel Desrosiers’ videos for inspiration on your Challenge video. YouTube links are listed below
The 2015 HTGAM Movember Challenge Videos
We’re listing everyone’s Challenge video here. Please notify Christian@HowToGrowAMoustache.com of any Challenge videos. Thanks.
Daniel Desrosiers, October 30, 2015
Christian Lévesque, October 30, 2015
Marty Pape, November 1, 2015
Ray Pope, November 1, 2015 – NSFW
Craig Birchall, November 1, 2015
Bob “Gonzo” Randolph, November 2, 2015
Big nose shaver (Nolan Kimber), November 3, 2015 – NSFW
Scott Ostermiller, aka The Clean Shaver, November 8, 2015
David “SoSharpDavid” Gonzalez, November 10, 2015 – NSFW
Oscar Sanchez, November 16, 2015
Taylor Alejandro, November 20, 2015
Amando Cardenas Jr., November 22, 2015, pictures only
Leonard Ybarra, November 22, 2015
David Munoz, November 30, 2015, pictures only