What is Mustache May?
- On May 1st you begin to allow your stache to grow
- Only Moustaches are allowed, i.e. No Goatees, No beards. Just the wonderful, singular, wing-ed moustache.
- Start a pledge site where you or your supporters can pledge money on your stache during the month of May. Each site has their own version of pledge site and all accept paypal.
1) MusMay.com – [Formed 2001]This is my favorite site so far; clear, concise and 12 years of credibility. This year MusMay.com will be teaming with CHOICE Humanitarian to raise awareness for other men across the globe: husbands, fathers, and sons that need ‘brotherly’ support! Friends and family of ardent mustache growers can donate to CHOICE Humanitarian in support of their favorite hirsute manly man. Your donation helps end poverty around the world. Interview with founding member Andrew Taylor HERE!
2) Stachemaster.com – [Formed 2008] This branch of Mustache may was born out of NYU’s Stern School of Business by a couple of college pals in 2008. Their charity of choice is the New York City Boy’s Club. If you are a Big Apple boy and want to see your man fur make change locally this may be who you choose to waltz with.
3) MoustacheMay.com or MustacheMay.com – [Formed 2005] Honestly, I find this site a little difficult to navigate. I am actually not sure if they are accepting pledges or donations towards any cause and if that’s the case it’s a pity that they own both domain names. They are a fun site that seems to have a lot of daily/weekly events going on. By all means hang and register with the good-time boys and start your own pledge page at firstgiving.org or another fundraising site of your fancy that you can direct supporters to.
So now you are hip and happening again thanks to the staff of HTGAM, where our staches stand upright while our ears are pressed to the ground! Happy (soon to be) Mustache May and stay tuned for some great feature interviews this May! Also, send us some of your stache photos and we will post ’em in support! Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to Enter Our Moustache May Giveaway – Fill out form located in the sidebar! Good Luck!